Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Weekend

We were supposed to have a plethora of family show up for the holiday weekend, turns out only 5 came, my niece Sandra and her kids. That was OK though, I love her to death and she has good kids. We did get to see one of my favorite nephews (him along with the other four are my favorites :) and his wife but they had to leave on Friday as his son had to spend the weekend with his mother (joint custody thing), but it was nice to see Michael and Gina, even if for just a couple hours.
My kids and I had spent the whole of the prior week getting the house ready for company, we don't have company a lot (and that is usually family) and haven't had a party to speak of since January 1st 1994. We are a bit out of practice. But, between the elbow grease and the spic-n-span everything was presentable by Saturday.
Whenever we have family come visit, we host some kind of feed, everyone comes to our house because it can accomodate a lot of people. We eat, we drink, we make merry! So since most of the people I was expecting to come family-wise didn't make it, I started inviting friends of mine and Derek's, told the kids to invite their friends. In the end we fed something like 26 people and we had an absolute blast!
We ate around 5 o'clock, sat around until 8:30 then went to find ourselfs good parking to watch the town's festivities at the Rodeo Grounds. This is a small town but I think we usually manage to pull off a fairly nice fireworks show. Then we went to a friends house, partied until the wee hours of the morning, went home (Kevin drove!), and promptly went to bed.
It was a great day!

No comments: