Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brrrrr!

I don't know who ordered this weather but they should be dipped in a pool of cold water and left out in it.

It has been below freezing here for over a week with lows below zero and double digits, too damn cold for any living being, whether woolly, feathered or clothed.
Kevin went out to get the eggs and feed one morning and the eggs were so cold, when he touched them they cracked. So I put a red heat lamb in the chicken coop, hoping that maybe I would get a couple eggs this week and maybe the chickens would have water all night rather than it freezing solid between feedings. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

On another note, Joy is living up to her name. She had her first doctor appointment yesterday and came out none the worse for it, although they really ticked her off when they stuck her in the foot. Whatever it is in her blood that is causing her jaundice is still elevated but the Doc didn't seem too concerned about it, just said we need to keep an eye on it still.
I have a picture I want to share on my phone but for some reason can't figure out how to get it here, when I do I will post it.

Stay warm!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It is insanely cold - third night at below zero. Ian was adding water to the stock stank and the hose snapped off. I'm not thrilled that it's supposed to snow tomorrow but it's 7 degrees now and certainly would have to be warmer to snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Susan said...

Yes, its nasty cold here too and they are talking snow this weekend. Yeck.

Baby Joy will be okay. Her bilirubin count is up and they normally place the baby under a light with sun goggles. It disperses the bilirubin from her system. Both my children as newborns has this 'spa treatment'.

Kathy said...

It's the same here, Becky. And the older I get, the less tolerant I seem to be - or maybe I should say the less my body seems to be - towards extreme weather ranges. This morning we rose to the news of another storm coming through, but with temps a bit higher than this last one.
I'm with Sharon...it has to warm up to snow. ;)
And I'd love to say I'm spinning and weaving away, but I'm so blasted worn out from shoveling I pass out in my old recliner.
Bummer!
(And glad to hear Joy is doing well. My DD was three months premature and went through the jaundice business, so I understand the worry. They placed Kelly under lamps for a very long time until it dissipated, but that was in NICU. What do they recommend for Joy?)

Anonymous said...

Where do you live?

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Hi Anonymous! If you scroll down to my profile you'll know :)