Thursday, October 28, 2010

I really like this fiber!


I have to say thanks again to Sam, your sense of fibers has really come through in this blend. I mentioned in my post yesterday, this fiber is a blend of CVM (Romeldale), alpaca, and guanaco (the 'g' is silent). Also I mentioned that it has character. I really had no idea until I finished this hat and washed it. It has white hair all through it, makes it look like it would be scratchy, but it sooo isn't! Jari modeled it for me but I made it for Kevin, hoping he will like it. It is so thick and is going to be so warm. If he doesn't want it, I might keep it :)
The pattern is out of 'Luxury Yarn, One-Skein Wonders', pg 43.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Very nice! :)

Laura said...

It looks really warm! If you don't like it, I'll take it!! Romeldale/CVM is a really nice fiber to work with - soft as merino and not "fussy"...

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I like it, I just don't know if Kevin will... Maybe I'll just make you one :) It took me all of about 5 hours. Wait till you see the one I'm working on now! Lots of practice in this one!
Thanks Kara!

Mim said...

I love it too! Poor Kevin may not even get to try it on if we get a hold of it first!

Sharon said...

Interesting because I clicked for big and it looks like a brillo pad!