Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer?

Seems like we are all in a kind of a hiatus, the rush of spring lambing is over, the heat of summer is almost here (yes, it gets hotter than this in July!), and there isn't a darn thing to post about!

My daughter went walking the other day with a friend of hers and found two kittens abandoned by the road. I railed and fumed and tried not to look at them, told her she couldn't bring them home, no matter what. Yeah, sure.

I will try to get pictures uploaded this evening, but one is a burnt orange color, a male, the other a calico, female of course. Don't suppose anyone out there wants a kitten?? They are little, probably about 4 weeks old when she picked them up, that would make them 5 weeks now.
We have 5 cats, and out of the 4 people in our house, 3 are allergic to cats.

I love cats, but when mine are gone I'm done, don't want no new ones in the interim.

We have a house guest coming around the 25th. A friend of Jari's is coming to stay with us, she may end up living with us. I love the girl to death, but they have a way of conjuring trouble when they are together, I have a sick feeling in my stomach about it. Might be time to get the hammer out and nail that girls window shut ;-)

I'm at work, again, still, whatever... guess I better do something while I'm here.

Adendum:
I found out a guanaco (pronounced "whah-nah-co") baby is called a chulengo, not a cria! Huh! Whodathunkit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Used to raise sheep!

Mim said...

Ya, bring a chulengo home and give your daughter heck for saving two kittens! Poor little kittys, I'd take them but I have a sick cat in the barn and have to wait till he's gone to bring young cats in. Becky, the guild wants to know if you have a tunis fleece we can buy. That way a bunch of us can all spin skeins from it for the fair?

Annie said...

I feel your pain on the animal front. My daughter has a Cat, I have a dog, and she's now asking for a Chinchilla.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

You got it good woolwytch! Besides the 5 cats we have 4 dogs, 2 cocketiels AND a chinchilla :)

Kathy said...

I could just throttle people who dump animals! That's what we think happened to the momma cat - then got in with the wrong crowd and voila! Kittens! I am allergic to cats, too, Becky...c'est la vie! :)
I made a promise long ago that whatever was sent to my door by the Powers That Be would be taken care of and found good home for if we couldn't. :)Story of my life...

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your chulengo! I have no urge for anything other than my Shetlands (thank goodness, or my husband would croak!), but I do wish I had room for more.

Can you go with your gut and not let Jari's friend stay? Your daughter is too important to gamble with, I would think....