Friday, May 1, 2009

I post pics of these dafs every year, I love them so much! They are doubles, dont remember the name of them now (double kings or some such), I planted them years ago. They smell like gardenias! I guess I need to dig them up in the fall and spred them out a bit, I have three clumps of them, but I would like to see them all along the front of the house. The daisys arent blooming yet, that comes later when it gets hotter. One of these days Im going to dig up the entire front bed, save all my bulbs and transplant the daisys, then kill the grass that grows there, and put everything back. The grass is a pain, it is deep rooted and tenatious. This is Gracey. She grew really fast huh? lol
This is the ewe from The Wool Ranch I mentioned a few posts ago. I have purchased her fleece for the last three years, and when Terry told me she was for sale, I bought her. Sometimes I wonder about me. I spent most of the year getting rid of animals, then I bring another in. Sheesh!
She isnt very friendly, in fact, she is what Laura calls a 'pin ball' sheep. But her fleece makes up for her lack of social skills.
Heres the gang! Well, most of them anyway. The one laying in the back ground I think is just plain lazy. Every morning I go out to feed he is laying by himself and I think hes in trouble, as soon as the feeding frenzy dies down a bit hes up and jumping into the pile, finer 'an frog hair.

6 comments:

Jody said...

Is that the sheep that my fleece came from Becky? Lucky you!

Michelle said...

Butter's ram lamb Barabbas is like your lazy one; lays down more, doesn't join the group as often, worries his shepherd. :-) But there doesn't seem to be a thing wrong with him, and goodnes, is he a handsome fellow!

Kathy said...

What a nice crop of lambs! Well done! Now...which one's are you keeping and which will the 4Hers get? :)

Mim said...

Nice daffodils!

Sharon said...

Oh man that grass. Where you want it grow it won't, and will you don't want it, it grows. I'm struggling to get it out of my tree basins. It's one of the hardest parts of my yard work. It got entrenched in a couple of my young tree basins and when I pulling it out, it was so engaged with tree roots, it actually pulled some up with it. Best to grow lambs.

Fiber Floozie said...

I love the daffodils. I want to plant some some day.