You all rememeber the bitty thing I had pictured earlier? Well that bitty thing got bigger, then it got ripped. I knitted and ripped until I couldn't see straight! I went to Elko yesterday to our spinning group meeting, and talked to Jo about why I was doing what I was doing. I kept making the same mistakes over and over but not knowing what I was doing wrong I couldn't fix it.
One of the things was I was stretching the last stitch out too far so when I would look back after a couple more rows, it looked like I had dropped a stitch and it was just kinda hangin around wavin at everybody. Another was I was getting holes in the sides; a direct result of losing my place and not knitting into the back of the increase on the second pass. And yet another! I kept ending up with extra stitches, an odd number, and we couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing there! Last night I figured it out. After making the first stitch on the increase row, I wasn't dropping it from the other needle before adding the increase. If that doesn't make sense, just suffice to say that at that point I should have had two stitches on the needle but I had three. So anyway, Jo got me started again and I am going great guns. Breaks will be reaplied when I hit the heel.