Thursday, February 25, 2010

All better!

She's all better, with a brand new conrod (and one in the wings), and I finished the merino I was spinning when Derek (the brute!) stepped on her (jk, honey :). I started a scarf... I cant see the details but maybe if you biggify...
I finished Joy's socks, but to my utter surprise! (not), they didn't fit her. I have learned a lot from this pair though and will do better on the next. The second had two holes in the heel, not sure what I did there, but it was also tight around the top. I thought I would make my life easier by binding off the same way I knit; now I know why they say to knit from the back of the stitch...

And I know I haven't posted enough of these, but if you're on facebook, look me up, I have bunches of pics of her there :) (look for Rebecca Pennington in the Reno area)
Joy went to the doctor yesterday, the first time since she was a week old. She weighs 9lbs 14oz and is doing just fine! Although she does have a bit of a cold with congestion (its so pitiful!), she is right on target with her growth. I love this outfit and those shoes!!! She is adorable. I may be prejudiced here, just let me know :)
On a sadder note, our Sansa, the "kitten who never grew up" is missing. DH says he saw her yesterday (she stays in Jari's room most of the time) but we can't find her anywhere in the house. She is an inside cat, but will sometimes sneak out the back door when its open; someone went out yesterday and didn't close it good and the wind opened it. We haven't seen her since. Keep good thoughts about us finding her, we miss her very much already.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I hope you find your kitty Becky...mine are indoor cats too. OMG....I hate to think what could have happened to her.
Your little 'Joy' is a beautiful baby!

Sharon said...

No prejudice - she's adorable. So sorry about your kitty. We've had four scares with Charlie like that. He has slipped out and each time gets so terrified that we have a horrible time retrieving him. I sure hope your kitty figures out how to get back in~