Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fiber Projects

I've been working on another three ply yarn; super wash merino, bamboo, and silk blend from Ashland Bay. It's a lot of work, but I keep reminding myself how beautiful a three ply looks when done, it really makes it worth it. I wanted the Panda blend, super wash, bamboo and nylon for socks, and accidentaly ended up with this, but I love it anyway. It is a really soft, lustrous wool blend that equals the Panda blend, at least in beauty if not completely in strength. It will still make nice socks. I will be getting the Panda blend soon though.

To do the three ply, I will have to get my extra bobbin out and put the full bobbins on a kate.
This is my scarf in progress. It's a very simple pattern, meant to help me fine my knitting technique. k1, p1. Very easy, but it is teaching me how to pearl in a more, um, graceful fashion lol
Made from the merino two ply in a previous post. It is a deep green, the flash washed it out but at least you can see the texture in this picture.
The weather turned icky again, we've had snow off and on all day, along with wind and cold. yay.
Hope it straitens up soon, we will be lambing by the third week of the month. I haven't been able to work my excitement up thinking of the nasty weather we may have to deal with along with the lambs. The garage is almost ready for them, I just need one more good day to finish it. Wish up luck! :)

No comments: