Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wow, sometimes there is just so much more to do than blog!
Well, I had good intentions of posting more about the fair, just didn't seem to get the minutes and the want to together.

My Mom's birthday was Monday, so we all went to the park for fried chicken, potato salad and other odds and ends. We had a great time, but Mom had the best. Joy has started babbling, precursor to talking, so everyone is working on 'ma-ma', or 'pa-pa', or whatever easy sound we can get out of her. She made Na-na's day, when she looked up at Mom and pointedly said "Na-na!"
But, even though it was Grandma's day, Joy was the constant object of the lens. Just can't keep it off of her!
It was a very nice day, not too hot, nor too cold, no wind to speak of and the kids (meaning Kevin, Jari, my nephew David and niece Mikah) had a great time playing with the soccer ball and foot ball. It was just a nice day.
Joy got her first swing ride and had sooo much fun!
Then a walk back to the picnic table...
And she's out!
I started working on a scarf while in Reno, and here it is as modeled by Joy!



She makes an awesome model doesn't she?

In other news, our county fair is this weekend. I've been volunteering for three years to help with the fair and someone finally took me up on it. We had a great fair for many years here, with nearly the whole community coming together every year to enter things or set up booths or participate in some way. But, the generous lady that spent 8 years of her life organizing the fair and making it what it was became ill and eventually passed. In the 10 years or so since then the fair has gone down hill to the point where only half of the civic center is used for displays (and even then sparsely), whereas it used to be filled to capacity and it took two or three hours to wander through it.
I'm hoping, by becoming involved myself, to help bring it back to at least something of its former state.
My part this year is only to organize and see through the pet show. I have a groomer friend doing the judging, and we will give out ribbons and a grand prize. I will post pictures sometime after Saturday.

Almost 6 years ago we started to build a fence around our property. Between money constraints, work, and ...whatever, it still isn't finished. With Kevin leaving in December, I talked Derek into setting a date where we could invite friends over to help finish it. We will BBQ a crown rib roast and a leg roast (lamb of course), have potato salad and whatever else comes to my mind between now and tomorrow noon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Jody said...

What a lovely family you have...I can see the resemblance you have with your mom and daughter. Little Joy just keeps getting cuter and cuter doesn;t she :-)
I think it's wonderful that you are going to revive the fair Becky. Looking forward to your pics.

Mim said...

Ooo, and a new fence! I have to second that comment on Joy she is so cute!

Laura said...

I can't promise that I'll be able to come, but I'm an experienced fence builder. Come to think of it, I have some fencing to do at home... Hmmm.

Joy is so cute - when she's walking and talking, you will all be looking back on these days fondly (when she couldn't get into quite so much...).

Sharon said...

Wonderful post - thanks. Very feel good - lots of Joy. Good luck on the fair and the fence~