Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Yep, we made it! Got home on Tuesday evening, got up Wednesday with a head cold. Yay.

I feel a little better now, I'm pretty sure it started with the reaction to whatever it was in Chewelah that had me sneezing, then coming home to my cats after 10 days away was just too much for my sinuses.
I have posted some pictures on my FaceBook, they aren't in this computer but as soon as I get them on here I will share.
The trip home was fairly uneventful... except for when I went looking for a car charger for my phone and found my husbands missing gun. Yeah. I had just driven across Oregon and Washington with a concealed weapon. A LOADED concealed weapon.
A couple weeks ago my husband realized his .45 1911 was missing. We reported it stolen after we had went through the house, the truck, and yes the car with a fine toothed comb. It wasn't there then. Whoever took it, and I have to assume it was someone we know, got scared and hid it there after the fact. There is no access to the underside of the seat from the front, and it was shoved all the way up under the seat. I got home and called the sheriff station, the guy asked if I could safely remove the fire arm and if so would I 'read' the serial number to him so they could be sure it was the same gun. If he was so concerned, why didn't he come out to look at it? Guess it wasn't such a big deal to him, but it pissed me off. I told him I had touched the grip, and then put the gun back where it had been, didn't he want to come finger print it??? Apparently not.
So after getting over the realization that I could have spent at least a minimal amount of time in hand cuffs, waiting for them to determine who I was and that I hadn't stolen the gun, had I been stopped and the gun found, I brought the gun in the house. Shortly afterward my son handled it, then my husband. So whoever took it is free and clear and we'll never know for sure.

Otherwise it was a really great trip!


June said...

Oh my gosh, Becky! Well, that would have had me on the ceiling for a while. . .

Michelle said...

What a strange story; so glad it had a happy ending! (Welcome home :-)

Jody said...

That is a mystery..who do you think could have taken it?

Mim said...

OMG good thing you were not pulled over in your travels. So nice to have you back home safe!